For people who tend to become nervous, anxious, or fearful about seeing the dentist, a solution has been introduced that gained the favor of many. There are now ways for people to sit still on the dental chair while the dentist works their magic—without feeling a tinge of fear or discomfort. The introduction of sedation in dentistry has been a massive help since patients can now receive the dental care they need and deserve without something that can keep them from doing so.
One of the most popular sedation options people avail of is nitrous oxide. The reason why most people go for the said approach is, they can just sit or lie down on the dental chair and inhale the gas through the mask worn over their nose. After a few minutes, they are sure to be already at ease, and the dentist can proceed with the scheduled procedures. Since it does not involve any shots, many people find it as their best choice for sedation. But do they know everything about the amazing gas? Let us at Westchase Smiles Institute provide everyone with some facts about the nitrous oxide or most commonly known as laughing gas.
- After its discovery, nitrous oxide was used for entertainment purposes instead of its potential in the field of healthcare.
- Dentists use a dosage of 70% oxygen and 30% nitrous oxide, while a dose of 50/50 is used for medical purposes.
- The nickname “laughing gas” was dubbed due to the euphoric effects experienced by people when the gas is inhaled.
- To make the use of nitrous oxide more favorable to most patients, flavors like mint, vanilla, strawberry, and more can be offered.
- The good news is, no one has been reported to have any allergic reactions with nitrous oxide.
- Aside from the field of medicine and dentistry, laughing gas is also used in the food industry by giving volume to whipped creams. Also, It is used to keep chips from being crushed by puffing its bag.
- In racing, nitrous oxide is used to engines more powerful.
- After the gas kicks in, patients will no longer feel uncomfortable with the thought of needles.
- The effects of nitrous oxide kick in fast, and it fades just as quickly as well!
With the help of nitrous oxide, patients no longer have to worry about dental visits, and their oral wellness can be kept in shape!
Everyone deserves an anxious-free and comfortable dental experience. Avail of our laughing gas as part of our Sedation services in Tampa, FL. Book your appointment with us at Westchase Smiles Institute.