Invisalign is making a big name nowadays as the most preferred choice by people who need to have their teeth straightened. Although the idea of correcting teeth alignment have been present for many years now, not everyone likes the thought of wearing the conventional appliance. The metal brackets or wires that are vital components of the device are considered unsightly as well as uncomfortable.
Fortunately, Invisalign got rid of these components and opted for a virtually invisible approach. As a result, more and more people became interested in fixing their smiles with clear orthodontic aligners. At Westchase Smiles Institute, we encourage parents to invest in an Invisalign treatment for their teen. We understand the importance of having perfectly aligned teeth, and it is not all about good looks. Orthodontics has more to offer, and people can expect that their oral and general health can benefit from the procedure. Curious how the said teeth straightening approach can help teens? Read on.
Straighter Teeth with Invisalign Means…
- Teens will be less at risk of oral complications due to unattended misalignment.
- Since their oral health is secured, their overall wellness is more likely to stay healthy as well.
- They can undergo the orthodontic procedure without feeling too conscious of wearing something unsightly on their teeth. Invisalign aligners are made of transparent yet highly flexible materials to move the teeth effectively while remaining virtually invisible.
- Athletes can continue doing the things they love since they can easily remove the appliance from their mouths if needed.
- Dentists advise the removal of the aligners when eating or drinking colored liquids to avoid damaging and staining the device. The good thing is, teens can eat the foods they want without any restrictions!
- Unlike metal braces, Invisalign requires lesser dental appointments since trays can be replaced without professional help. Visits, usually every 8–10 weeks, is for dentists to check the progress of the teeth and to provide additional aligners if necessary.
- Cleaning the teeth would come easily since teens can take off the aligners.
- After the treatment, teens are sure to get a boost to their confidence—thanks to the outstanding results that Invisalign provides.
Parents, make sure to remind the teenagers to remember the following:
- Replace trays every two weeks or so (depending on the advice of the dentist)
- Wear Invisalign for at least 20 to 22 hours daily
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive soap for cleaning
- Never use hot water when rinsing the trays for it can warp the material beyond wear
- Seek the dentist’s assistance if needed
Bring out your teen’s best smile with Invisalign in Tampa, FL, book your appointments with Westchase Smiles Institute! Call us to let them experience an outstanding treatment in making their teeth straighter, beautiful and healthy!